[TowerTalk] Gladiator Verticals

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gladiator Verticals
From: (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:25:16 -0400
160 Gladiator verticals are in two flavors, center loaded and top loaded.
The center loaded one has a 2-1 bandwidth of about 26kHz, while the top
loaded one is more broad, I think the 2-1 is around 90klHz.  Receiving is
not the greatest, but they work.

I used the center loaded version.  Full 1500w no problem.  If you are
for a contesting antenna and you plan on running a specific frequency,
the gladiator is okay.  If you S&P, your 2-1 bandwidth gets in  your way.