[TowerTalk] Comments wanted on Custcraft R7000

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Comments wanted on Custcraft R7000
From: (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:28:57 -1000

> I think this has been covered here before, but I would
>appreciate hearing  comments about the Cushcraft R7000,

Yes,  and they were all negative!  If you can find a used,
but still good R7,  seems to have been much better.

The R7000 almost certainly will not take full power on
any band in RTTY service.

If you really want a vertical for a particular band,  I
would suggest you look at the monoband Gladiators.

Check out:

for info about the Gladiators.

I have them for 30 on up through 10 meters.  Do not
have space for radials for the lower bands,  so  I use
long wires for 160 to 80,  and a rotating dipole,
F12 EF-140Ss for 40,   part of my C4 beam.

73,  Jim,  KH7M