[TowerTalk] Anniversary?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anniversary?
From: (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:57:00 -0500
On 11/1/99 17:36, at wrote:

>Howdy, TowerTalkians --
>       Does anyone know exactly when TowerTalk went on the air? I never
>it down anywhere. I would like to recognize its/our existence but don't know
>when that might be. Month and year would suffice. I think its been 2-1/2
>or 3
>years but I could be wrong.

More than three. I have TowerTalk messages dating back to July 1996. I
think it was in existance even before that.

The archives go back to June 1996. I think the list is older than that,
because those archives appear to have an established membership at that

I think it was started in early 1996.

Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales