[TowerTalk] Hauling concrete.

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hauling concrete.
From:" < (JD Delancy)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 00:11:03 -0500

Clint -

-----Original Message-----
From:   Clint Heffner []
> Anybody know a good way to get concrete off of the truck and into my
> backyard?
> Back of the house is 60' from the street, have a maximum of 6'(more like
> 5 usable) off property on each side of the house.

When I poured mine, I had about the same problem, 75-100 feet from the street
to contend with, hilly slope that a concrete couldn't (or wouldn't navigatye,
etc).  Pump truck was an option, but they wanted some high price and a minimum
of 10 yards to pump before they came around.

My solution was a Georgia Buggy.  It's a basically "motorized wheelborrow" and
that's its purpose in life, to move concrete to those hard to get to places.  I
rented one from the local "A-1 Rent-all" joint for 55 bucks all-day Saturday.
 Mixer truck showed up, we poured the three anchors and base in about 45

   JD Delancy
* You know you've had too much Chinese mustard when
you have to fish your eyeballs out of your Won-Ton soup
and put them back in your head. B.  C., 04Nov99 *