[TowerTalk] Tower assembly substitutions

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower assembly substitutions
From: (Gerald Smith)
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 16:44:56 -0500
On dly of many tower assembly parts, base sections, thimbles, etc. I
noticed a substitution from my dealer. They substituted Chinese
turnbuckles for Rohn turnbuckles. I refused them.

Rohn does deliver turnbuckles made in Korea. However, they are
responsible should there be a defect, a subsequent law suit, etc. To
whom does one subrogate a 1 million dollar judgment if a Chinese
turnbuckle is at fault. Most dealers have minuscule net worth.

Gerry, W6TER