[TowerTalk] Stainless Bolts and Nuts on Tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stainless Bolts and Nuts on Tower
From: (Stan or Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:36:52 -0800
Just wanted to clear up what is in a standard tower leg bolt kit from Rohn.
Six bolts
and six nuts.  That is all.  No washers and no PAL nuts.  At least this is the
case for
20G, 25G, 45G, and 55G.

I can't imagine that you could squeeze a leg hard enough to create enough
friction to
take all the downward force, especially on the bottom section of a tall tower.
I have
to believe the bolts support a good deal of the downward force in shear.  I do
that squeezing the tower leg prevents the need for a lock washer, however.  I
never heard of nuts falling off of tower leg bolts or a tower leg bolt actually
breaking and/or falling out.