[TowerTalk] Mosley matching systems

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley matching systems
From: (
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 11:05:35 EST
My old TA-36 (vintage unknown, but precedes the "Classic" series) has a
unique feed. The trapped driven element is insulated and fed at the center in
a balanced fashion. However, the coax from the station goes to a tee at the
antenna, and each side of the tee connects to a 47" length of RG-8. At the
far end of the coax, you strip back the outer jacket for 3 5/8", undo the
braid from both pieces, twisting them together and solder on a solder lug.
The center conductors are stripped back 1/2", twisted together and a solder
lug is soldered to those. Each solder lug is connected to the feed points of
the driven element.
I have no idea how the transformation from a balanced antenna to an
unbalanced feed line takes place with this configuration. But it does work,
albeit nowhere as good as other antennas I've had.
73, Bert N4CW