[TowerTalk] Mosley Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antennas
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:53:17 -0500
A while back I was interested in the same antenna, and inquired among PVRC
brethren. I was told to forget it by some number of them, which included one top
op who was replacing his Mosley stuff. I was surprised by the response, but
heard the before and after at his house. *Not* close.

On the other hand, regarding the monster F12 C51, which is a C31 with two of
the new "N" 40 meter elements, a new owner compares the triband part roughly to
a stack of C3's, and the 40 meter section as F12's best so far. He had the
C3/C4XL stuff up at same heights on a separate tower and was able to make A/B
tests.

Get Tom to make you a 240X with the new elements. Their secondary resonance is
at 18 MHz and will not pull 15 meters on the C31. If you want less mast load,
and a short mast, consider the C36XR.

73, Guy
k2av@contesting.com
Apex, NC, USA