[TowerTalk] Open Wire

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Open Wire
From: DavidC" < (DavidC)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:50:08 -0500
> It seems that one thing has been forgotten.  The line may be lossless.
> The tuner isn't.  Read QST and you will see that many of the commercial
> units available today have power losses of 30% or more.  The best unit
> quoted was a Johnson Matchbox.
> So you've substituted line loss for tuner loss.
> Again where's the benefit?
> 73 de Brian/K3KO

I don't receive QST at the moment.  Who is selling tuners with 30% loss?
Or is that under very unusual conditions?  I cannot believe that there is a
single Ham who would knowing buy a tuner with 30% loss in normal use!

A properly designed tuner for the application should have negligible loss.

73, DavidC  K1YP

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World