[Top] [All Lists]


To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] STOPPING RUST
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 05:26:53 -0800 (PST)

There is a product that I have used in the classic car
restoration area.  It is a paint type product called
CORROLESS sold by the Eastwood Corp.  They sell auto
restoration tools and supplies.  Don't have a catalog
handy but they do have a web site.  This is applied
directly over rusty metal after wirebrushing to remove
any loose flakes.  It neutrializes the rust and seals
against air and moisture infiltration.  Once its dry,
it can be painted over.  It's apparently the same
stuff they use on the offshore drilling rigs.  I've
never used it on tower sections but works great on old
muscle cars!

73, Stew  K3ND

> OK,  I guess my request for information on TOWER
> Longevitity
> touched the deep dark secrets nobody wants to talk
> about
> since there were only two private (and very
> interesting) responses.
> Let me ask another question:
> Given the onset of surface rust, what means are
> available
> to stop or neutralize further deterioration of the
> metal?
> In addition to cold galvanizing, are there other
> alternatives
> to apply following neutralization?
> de  Tom  N4KG
> Get the Internet just the way you want it.
> Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access
> for a month!
> Try Juno Web:
> --
> FAQ on WWW:              
> Submissions:    
> Administrative requests: 
> Problems:                
> Search:                  


Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at

FAQ on WWW:     
Administrative requests:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>