[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 guy radius oddness.. 80% vs 50%?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 guy radius oddness.. 80% vs 50%?
From: (David Gilbert)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 06:07:19 -0700

Hi, Steve.

For the same guy tension, a 50% radius will put a greater downward force on
the tower (equivalent to a heavier antenna if you neglect wind loading) and
it will provide less lateral force along the length of the tower to keep it
from deflecting in the wind.  The 80% radius makes for longer guys, though,
so any effect of stretching in the guys would be a bit greater, I suppose.

I'm not saying 50% isn't sufficient in any specific case, but I think
geometry favors the 80% radius overall.

Dave   AB7E