[TowerTalk] Matching nets with RF-1 analyst

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Matching nets with RF-1 analyst
From: (alsopb)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:36:01 +0000

I have a simple executable Basic programs that compute the component
values for a two component LC matching network.  I can't attach it
because the reflector filters out messages with attachments. If you
are interested I can send them to you via E-mail.

The easy way to use the RF-1 to determine a matching network is as

1)Trim the antenna length so that it is resonant at the frequency on
interest.  This means minimum Z.  Don't look at the SWR.

2)Use the attached BASIC program to compute component values-- given
the measured Z above, input frequency and coax impedance.

3)Use the RF-1 to select or build the L/C components predicted by the

4)Fine-tune the network at the base of the antenna by slight
modifications of component values (squeeze/expand coil, add/subtract
small amounts of capacitance.

It works!

73 de Brian/K3KO