[TowerTalk] Beware Radio Shack ground rods

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beware Radio Shack ground rods
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 16:32:51 -0000
Hi all - Just a word of warning. I was out today doing my annual, fall
Beverage stringing. At one termination was a 4 ft ground rod
purchased last year at Radio Shack, and in the ground about a
year. It was almost completely rusted away, with no trace of
copper whatsoever - much more rust than scattered short pieces of
rebar I use as stakes for wire antennas hanging off the tower. And
we had a drought this year!
73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: