[TowerTalk] Power Line Noise?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power Line Noise?
From: rhodes@willinet.net (Jim Rhodes)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:53:36 -0600

I would spend some time at the site with a general coverage receiver trying
to listen in various weather conditions (wet, dry,hot cold,calm,windy) to
see what the problem might be. Something that sounds fine after a rain
shower might be unusable when it dries out. (Boy could I tell you stories
about that).

At 08:23 PM 11/24/99 -0500, Gary Myers wrote:

>Gentleman, I have just placed an offer on a parcel of land... 2 A ready for
>some towers. I have one concern that I hope some of you can put to rest.
>There is a high tension line that is 500' west of my property. It is the
>major cross country type - I do not know somewhere in the 100's of Kv range
>I suppose. I assume this will not be a noise problem. Please tell me - from
>experience - this is the case (or not). I plan on stacking antennas from
>50 - 140 feet - the ht line is at around 60' I suuppose and is in my S Pac
>direction from NC.
>
>thanks, Gary
>K9RX
>

>--