[TowerTalk] Power Line Noise?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Power Line Noise?
From: (Tom Osborne)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 06:14:58 -0800

Gary Myers wrote:

> There is a high tension line that is 500' west of my property. >It is the
> major cross country type - I do not know somewhere in >the 100's of Kv range
> I suppose. I assume this will not be a >noise problem.

Hi Gary.

You never want to assume that.  I had a friend here who had some
big lines like that and it gave him all sorts of fits.. You might
drive around with your AM car radio tuned to a frequency not
being used and see if you hear any noise.  That's how I checked
my place out before I bought it.  No noise then and none now.  73