[TowerTalk] Do Log-Periodics Stress the Selectivity of the Receiver?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Do Log-Periodics Stress the Selectivity of the Receiver?
From: DavidC" < (DavidC)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:44:31 -0500
As I compare log periodics to yagis and quads that there is an open
question ... perhaps only in my feeble mind ... ;-)

A band-specific yagi, be it monoband or multiband, receives many
signals but captures "amplifies" only a few of them exceptionally well.

A log-periodic receives many signals over a wide range e.g. 13-32 mHz
and appears to capture "amplify" all of them equally.

Does not the log-periodic challenge the receiver with a larger number
of high-level signals?  Does this not present a greater likelihood of
selectivity and filtering problems, especially in receivers with broad
front ends?

Or have I again misunderstood something in the fundamentals?

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World