[TowerTalk] How to buy something for ham/husband?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How to buy something for ham/husband?
From: GwenOMS@aol.com (GwenOMS@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:34:17 EST
I have subscribed to this list to get some help with a secret birthday gift
for my husband.  But I have a concern about some of the information which
is...and is not ... being posted here.  I am a quilter, and in my quilting
circles, there is a lot of trust in vendors and customers.  But that appears
to NOT be the case with some the hams here.  When you get a "bad apple" for a
vendor, do you share the information?   I've been reading about what sounds
like a problem with someone who does business here, but can't quite figure
out what is going on.  Why is everyone so close-mouthed?  Don't you share
good and bad information?  How can I know which vendors to trust with
mai-order purchases using a credit card?  What's with you guys?  If you've
had a negative experience, please share it to protect the unsuspecting!
Gwen in PA