[TowerTalk] What about the ends of the conduit?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What about the ends of the conduit?
From: k1nu@mediaone.net (Leonard Kay)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 10:27:39 -0500
While we're on the subject of underground cabling....

I'm looking for help/advice on the best way to
terminate an underground conduit into the shack
where there's no basement. My house is a split with
the rear side of the lower floor (where the shack is)
at ground level (on a slab), so I can't just keep the
conduit uderground and drill straight through the
foundation into the basement.

The obvious way to me would be to bring the conduit
above ground near the house, and drill through the wall.
But that will introduce a sharp bend(s) in the conduit.

Should I terminate it outside with a U (like a septic vent)
and consider bringing it into the house as a separate job?
If I go that sort of route, how do you keep mice etc.
out of the conduit (where an end is exposed)? And what about
the end at the tower?

What have others here done? If you like, reply privately
and I'll summarize to the reflector.

Tnx & 73
Len K1NU