[TowerTalk] US Tower Motor Winch in Winter

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower Motor Winch in Winter
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 10:46:45 -0800
It is very windy and dusty here.  I would worry the entire greased
surface would be quickly coated with abrasive grit!  I need to think
about that one.  Perhaps someone else on the reflector can shed some
light on this aspect.

Needless to say, Steve, I really appreciate your help with this problem.

73, Dick

At 4:08 PM -0800 on 12/3/99, you wrote:

>sorry ur other question...I lube the tower sections by hand with lithium
>(white) grease using a paint brush.  I also buy a spray can of lithium
>grease and spray it down inside "contact points" where the sections slide.
>Pick a nice warm summer day, and dont fall off the ladder.
>Steve VE6WZ.

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)