[TowerTalk] homebrewing yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] homebrewing yagis
From: KI7WX@aol.com (KI7WX@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:20:14 EST

For the folks that are constructing thier own yagis:  What is the proper way
to make booms longer than the available tubing lengths.  Specifically, if I
wanted to build one of Nathan's 36 foot 15M OWA beams what is the best way to
construct the boom? I assume some sort of splice joint using a piece of
tubing one size down and placed internally to form an overlapped joint.  Not
sure how to properly phrase that, or what sizes to use to get a nice
"nesting" with proper strength...  Also curious where folks are obtaining
thier aluminium tubing for booms and elements.

Cheers,

Mark
KI7WX