[TowerTalk] Feeding tower on 80

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feeding tower on 80
From: (Bob See)
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 13:19:30 -0600

I would like to feed my windmill type tower on 80 meters with a gamma
match.  The tower has a triband beam at about 57 ft. It has four legs,
about 5.5 ft apart, (free standing).  A .JPG picture available if
interested. It is grounded by many radials.
I would like to shunt feed the tower on the low end of 80 meters using a
gamma match feed.  I am 75 yrs old and do not look forward to
multi-climbings up the tower to find the best point to tie the gamma
rod.  Also, can I use copper wire for the gamma match or would aluminum
tubing be better?

Can anyone tell me a past QST article or discussions on Towertalk that
would educate me on the parameters of the gamma match that I might
Thanks, Bob See,