[TowerTalk] Grid Dippers'

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grid Dippers'
From: (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:49:57 -0600
>The thing that really impresses me about the Kenwood is it's frequency
>accuracy.  The Heath's frequency accuracy was terrible!  The JW Millen was
>substantially better in that department.  My Kenwood is as accurate as you
>can interpret the dial.  Then, if you want any closer accuracy, you can use a
>receiver to "zero-in".
I have an a-c powered B&W GDO.  Wouldn't trade it for anything.  But frequency
resolution on the circular dial is poor.  Once I found a dip on the B&W and
would loosely couple it with my MFJ-259 (which is a very poor GDO) to read the
frequency from the LCD display.  Seemed to work fine and consistently.

dale, kg5u