[TowerTalk] Soldering PL-259s

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Soldering PL-259s
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:19:16 +0000
This is probably nothing new for the old-timers, but if you're using a
Weller-type soldering gun on PL-259s and the heat output seems marginal,
take pliers and tighten up the nuts that attach the tip, as hard as you
can.  Even 1/16 turn can make a dramatic difference in the amount of heat

BTW, the "easy to solder" PL-259s from the Wireman also help, as does using
his RG-8X low-loss, which has a tinned shield and foil inside that.  I'm
replacing all my jumpers in the shack, in the hope of cutting down on stray

No connection with Press, just a happy customer.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is just a tower