[TowerTalk] Alpha 374A amplifier

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alpha 374A amplifier
From: (
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:55:22 EST
I have been asked by the widow of an estate to determine a reasonable price
of a ham station (the ham was only 54 years of age and died 6 months after
the discovery of cancer).  Included is an Alpha 374A amplifier.  I would
appreciate advice regarding the following:

1.  Is this amp still being manufactured?  If not, during what time period
were they made.

2. What is the final tube(s).  We couldn't find a manual.  Approx. how much
does the final(s) cost to replace?

3.  The cabinet very rough.  The ham was a smoker.  It was last
operated about one year ago but the current operating condition is unknown
(although it does come on).  What might be a reasonable price range?
Thanks for all comments.  Please e-mail direct to  Jan
Rehler W5KNZ, Corpus Christi, Texas