[TowerTalk] Rohn Quality

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Quality
From: (
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 06:24:45 -0600
How are the Rohn 25 sections defective?  If you knew they
were defective BEFORE installation, why did you proceed?

If your guyed 190 ft tower looks like a snake, I would suspect
the GUYS.  Did your installer use a plumb bob to align the
tower?  I use two short plumb bobs at 90 degrees to each
other to sight the tower.  Others use a long plumb bob
suspended inside the tower.  Improper alignment of the
guys will make ANY guyed tower look like a snake,
even if the individual sections are PERFECT.

To me, the quality of your INSTALLER is more suspect.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:57:25 -0600 "Phil Clements" <>
> > A lot of the posts seemed based on purchases/deliveries ~1 year
> ago.  Has anyone accepted delivery more recently?
> >
> > Maybe Rohn figured it out. Or not...
> >

> I bought 19 sections of Rohn 25 last January. Over half of them
> are defective. My 192 foot tower looks like a snake!
> I am still waiting for Rohn to do something. They have not even
> bothered to call me. My dealer/installer made a video and sent it to
> them.
> Any advice on how to get justice from this outfit would be
> appreciated!
> (((73)))
> Phil, K5PC
Why pay more to get Web access?