[TowerTalk] Cross Arms

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cross Arms
From: (Tom Wagner)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 08:43:31 -0500
Here is what I use:

1 - 7-8' 2x3 or 2x4
1 - 2' 2x3 or 2x4 (actually just make it 6" wider than the width of your

Sandwich the two 2x3s with a piece of 1" (actually 3/4") stock in between.
Then drill
holes the diameter of your tower legs through the center of the 1" stock.
A spade bit is fine.  Make sure your holes are plumb and spaced properly.
will now have indentations in the 2x3 stock that will clamp to your tower
Use galvanized 3/8 carriage bolts with washers to hold the wooden clamp on
to the tower.  I use stainless steel screw-eyes and screw-in electrical
service entrance
insulators as supports for the antennas.  The insulators are available at
Home Depot.
They are porcelain with a wood screw thread coming out the back.

Make sure it fits at the bottom of the tower, before you climb.  Paint as

Tom Wagner - N1MM  (The official callsign of the new millennium)