[TowerTalk] coax length expanded

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax length expanded
From: w9ol@dataflo.net (Bill Heinzinger)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 10:38:33 -0600
I should have included this info.
I'm using a MP as an exciter. My amp has tuned inputs for each of it's six
bands.
But as with most amps the 17 meter band uses the 15 meter switch/input
circuits.
The 12 meter band uses the 10 meter circuits.
I don't have a problem with 15/17 meters
Unfortunately I'm afraid that if I tweak the input circuits for 12 meters I
will loose a bit on 10. Additionally the input circuit is not accessible and
it would be exceedingly dangerous situation to tweak them. Of course it
could be done with a GDO. Still the amp would need to be turned on to
energize the relays for band selection.
Adding a 6 foot piece of coax between the exciter and amp made it possible
to get a match on 12 meters.
But in doing that it made the 80 meter stage a bit picky though it still
works.

As some have suggested that using a 'choke' or 'bead jumper' may help I'm
assuming that there is problem with rf. Although I have VERY good rf and
electrical grounds on short, heavy braids.
"CW - to infinity...and BEYOND"

Bill
homepage at
http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol