[TowerTalk] 160 inverted L

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 inverted L
From: (Richard Brown)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 17:05:29 -0600
Some time ago some kind person  NU9S I think  put out a number of
going. It is over salt water of the intercoastal waterway. The previous
posts suggested 130 feet was the best length to start. This goes up 48
feet on a boat house and the rest horizontal. Fed at the bottom with the
center conductor of the coax to the antenna and the braid to a 240 foot
counterpoise at 3 feet above the water along the pier directly below the
antenna. At 130 feet total it resonated at 1.58 kc. I cut off 3 feet and
it resonates at 1.6 kc. I cut off  4 more feet and it moved up only to
1.625. Am now at 122 feet!! Some where I read 127.5 feet was supposed to
put me at  1.9 kc. .   Looks like I will have to cut off alot more
before I get to 1.9 kc. Am I going in the right direction? Was 130 feet
too long  to start with over salt water?  Shall I keep on cutting  until
I get to  1.9kc ?   The coax  is 350 feet long out there. Any help will
be appreciated.
Dick W5AA