[TowerTalk] coax length question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax length question
From: DavidC" < (DavidC)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:51:37 -0500
>  wrote:
>  My exciter is picky about the length of coax between it and my amp.
>  I had to add coax to allow the exciter to match on 12 meters.
>  But in doing that I lost the ability to match on 80 meters.
>  The tuner in the MP just doesn't seem to like the length.
>  Is there a 'magic' length of coax that will be good for all the HF bands?
>  It's a pain to switch out lengths when switching bands.

Isn't there a string-of-toroids solution to this that Radiokit used to sell
and I imagine Amidon or DavisRF or Wireman or someone sells now?

I don't recall the specific toroid configuration but I was told by several
folks that it solved a variety of Exciter-to-Amp problems for them.  I'm
sure the guru's here and/or on the amps at list know.

73, DavidC  K1YP

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World