[TowerTalk] 30 Meter Yagi Recommendation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 30 Meter Yagi Recommendation
From: (
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:58:40 -0600

Wish you had mentioned the PRO 67 earlier.
It is kind of a "weak sister" on 40M , using a director
and short spacing. Probably better than a dipole
but not as good as the 2L "shorty forties" which
use .15 WL spaced reflectors for better gain and

A better solution would be to tune the extended PRO67
elements to 30M and put a  2L40 above for 40M.  The
spacing of the PRO67 elements is better suited to 30M
and bandwidth is not a concern on that band.  A friend
has done this very configuration is quite pleased.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:32:02 -0600 "Karl Heimbach"
<> writes:
> Gang,
> Many thanks to all of you that replied.  Upon your recommendations,
> I bought
> a Force 12 EF-230 from one of the members on this list.  Not
> withstanding
> the weather, I hope to have it and a Mosely Pro-67B up by January 1.
> It's been twelve years since I've stuck any aluminum up in the air;
> are  there any new waterproofing products available to weatherize
> the  terminations?
> Thanks,
> Karl - W5QJ

Why pay more to get Web access?