[TowerTalk] How Do I Mount a Telescoping Rohn Mast?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How Do I Mount a Telescoping Rohn Mast?
From: DavidC" < (DavidC)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:09:55 -0500
We here in Central Florida are blessed to have a local Tampa
company that refurbishes Rohn telescoping masts.  Yes,
besides sunny and warm versus snowy and cold in Chicago
today, Florida does have some other advantages!  ;-)

$55. delivered for a 50 footer!  (I am considering a 40 or 50

I looked in my Rohn book and although there is a very brief
reference there are no mounting details ... rendering me unable
to follow the LXC prime directive ... don't even know the loading
and wind-speed limits.

This will be a temporary substitute for my Rohn 45 tower ... until
I get that monster up ...  and later will probably be dedicated to
VHF-UHF stuff, loaded for 160m or something.

Anyone used these?  Recommended mounting method?  The
ground here is sandy.  I could strap part of the length to a tree,
in fact that would eliminate some of the pesky guy wires!

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World