[TowerTalk] Homebrewing 7/8" Hardline Connectors?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebrewing 7/8" Hardline Connectors?
From: (Steve Miller)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:42:11 -0500 (EST)
>I'm looking for articles or other info on making home-made 7/8" hardline
>I've seen articles on this subject a few years back, but got rid of most of my
>magazines when I moved. If someone could send a scanned copy, it would be much

Thanks for the replies so far. My cable is not the typical CATV foam dielectric
stuff so here is some more info:

The hardline is 50 ohm air dielectric with a large center conductor (0.31").
Thus, some sort of reducer is required for the center conductor to fit into
a barrel connector. K1RX's post is a good start and I might try using braid
RG-58 or RG-8X to connect the hardline center conductor to a pin/screw that
into the barrel.

The hardline is an air-dielectric type using a spiral wound center conductor.
air tight seal between center conductor and outer conductor at the connector is

I am still looking for magazine article reprints or any specifics on adapting
plumbing fittings.

A description of the hardline is available at:

Thanks again,

Steve Miller   N8SM