[TowerTalk] question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] question
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:12:59 -0500
I am using a Heathkit remote antenna switch of the type that does not
require a separate control cable, but am now thinking of putting UNUNs on
both ends of my CATV hardline.  Since the UNUNs involve a direct short
between center conductor and ground, they are not compatible with this type
of antenna switch.  However, it appears that it would be easy to modify the
switch and control box to route the control voltages over a separate
conductor, leaving the coax shield to serve as the return.

Is there any reason not to do such a thing, rather than replacing the
switch with a cabled type?

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the contest station database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm