To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MORE 130 FT TOWER OPTIONS
From: (
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:39:36 -0600
The C31XR is composed of 3 monobanders interlaced with
forward stagger.  There are 3L on 20, 4L on 15, and 7L on 10M.
I used the same number of elements for each band except 10
where I expect some of the elements are primarily used as
open sleeves to decouple the 15 and 20 M elements.

I would use the same element spacing / boom length for the
monobanders as in the C31XR.  The slight offsets along the
boom can be compensated as discussed by others previously.

This arrangement is less expensive than 4 - C31XR's but is
not as flexible since some of the middle antennas could not
rotate without hitting guy wires.

de  Tom  N4KG

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:05:02 -0500 Pete Smith <>
> At 07:23 AM 12/21/1999 -0600, wrote:
> >130 ft  C31XR
> >100 ft  4L15
> >  85 ft  3L20
> >  70 ft  4L15
> >  60 ft  6L10
> >  40 ft  C31XR
> An interesting idea, but a question.  Does this presuppose that the
> monoband antennas in the stack would be sections out of the C-31
>(i.e. similar spacing)?  I've always understood that stacking dissimilar

> antennas  is prone to unexpected downsides unless fully modeled.
> 73,  Pete N4ZR

Why pay more to get Web access?
Get your free software today: