[TowerTalk] Re: The Ultimate (Perfect) Ground?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: The Ultimate (Perfect) Ground?
From: DavidC" < (DavidC)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 00:08:53 -0500
I have been led to believe that the best way to simulate
perfect ground is to get as far away from it as possible,
that is raise the radials.

I have also been told that directionality for a single element
vertical may be obtained by mounting it to one side of a large
raised field ... in the case I read it was an aluminum roof.

Urban legends or fact, please?

- Happy holy-day holidays ... 73, DavidC  K1YP

> I tried this on 20 meters.  I laid out 60 radials 250 feet long in a
> 45 degree sector pointed towards Europe.  It produced no improvement
> with a 1/4 wave vertical and 2 to 3 dB improvement (to Europe only)
> for a 1/2 wave vertical.  I also did simulations up to 1000 radials
> 500 feet long on NEC3-GS.  Bottom line is that you cannot (practically)
> simulate being on the beach with ground wires.  Complete details are
> on my web site:  <<>> .
> Rick Karlquist N6RK

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World