[TowerTalk] Multiple guy anchors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiple guy anchors
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:29:53 -0500
I've been thinking that as long as I'm replacing my top guys anyway (on 100
ft. of Rohn 25), it might be a good idea to get some good-sized AB Chance
screw anchors and make up a second set of anchor points a few feet further
out than my original ones (which now handle all 3 guy sets).  Seems to me
that this would flatten the angle of the top guys slightly, making for
easier stack turning, but more important, would eliminate a potential
single point of failure.  I have visions of a guy anchor rod corroding
through or something similar, leading to the entire thing going down like a
tree -- a scenario that separate anchors could avoid.

What do people think -- is it worth doing?

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the contest station database