[TowerTalk] Multiple guy anchors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiple guy anchors
From: (
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 09:20:52 -0700

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:29:53 -0500 Pete Smith <>

>I have visions of a guy anchor rod
>through or something similar, leading to the entire thing going down
>like a
>tree -- a scenario that separate anchors could avoid.
>What do people think -- is it worth doing?

I don't see any downside to adding a second set of anchors.

I had an anchor rod corrode through a few years ago, after it had
been in the ground for 18 years. Fortunately, I was at home, saw
it fail, and was able to take emergency action before the tower
fell over, but it was pretty scary stuff! It did make for a good
story on the reflector, though.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ