[TowerTalk] Guys - how many?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guys - how many?
From: (
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:26:19 EST

> The Rohn specification calls out 3 guys at three different heights for a
>  100 foot tower.  The ham I got the tower from had used 5 guys instead.
>  The 3/16" EHS is old - 30 years - so I am replacing it.  Should I go three
>  or five?

        While the LXC Prime Directive to "DO what the manufacturer says", I
never discourage people from over-engineering their installation.

     Is the tower 25G or 45G? I don't think I'd do it for 25G - the legs
don't have the leg capacity to take 67% more guy tension preload. This is my
'non-engineer' perspective.

       So I guess my answer to your question is to go with 3 sets of guys.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech