[TowerTalk] Box Antenna on 80m?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Box Antenna on 80m?
From: DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net (DavidC)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:23:47 -0500
I just heard a QSO on 80m in which someone mentioned an
article in the Jan. and June 1997 issues of QST about a so-called
"parasitic box" antenna for 80m using a pair of inverted L's in a very
specific configuration for significant gain.

Anyone familiar with this design?  Comments?  Before I try to
chase down the articles I'd like to know if the antenna is considered
effective in practical application compared to a decent dipole or
multiband vertical.

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP