[TowerTalk] Loose Rotor Bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Loose Rotor Bolts
From: lmcdavid@lmceng.com (Larry McDavid)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 08:59:39 -0800
I know this is an old question. But, now it is mine.

Today I did a PM on my 60 foot crankup; it has been about 9 months since
the last PM. To my surprise, the Tailtwister rotor bolts were all loose.
It's turning one C3. The most severe tower environmental concern in Los
Angeles is sunshine, not wind.

I used flat and split lock washers on the six 5/16 stainless bolts.
Nevertheless, all were loose.

>From others who have really solved this problem, I'd appreciate knowing
what really works. Please don't clutter the reflector; direct replies
will be appreciated!
--
Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)