[TowerTalk] Long 3" u-bolts => TOWERTALK = An Excellent Buying Group Aud

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Long 3" u-bolts => TOWERTALK = An Excellent Buying Group Audience!
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (James White)
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:34:44 -0500
Mike - you might find that you can do a group buy, with those interested in
some forwarding you a check - I recently did that locally for the Florida
Contest Group for 2 1/16 " u-bolts fabbed up by a local bolt house...I had
ordered 150 of them and with tower lords like K4XS well, whoosh, they were
gone!

I suspect you may find other readers on this reflector who would be
interested in coming on board with you - key questions: are the 18-8
stainless...do they come with nuts...it is worth a shot...I am also copying
this message to the FCG e-mail reflector (interested parties contact W9RE) -
recommend you calculate freight on them and for what it is worth the US
Postal service has some nice Priority Mail boxes which are designed for
mailing VHS tapes that they can supply for free [you can also use them for
QSLs...the post office can give you a form to mail and in a few weeks a case
of them shows up at your doorstep!]  - these should work well for mailing
them-I encouraged 10 piece multiples and "pre-packed" the boxes so that when
the checks hit all that was needed was to address them...

THIS is the value of a shared interest, as they say - you can buy like the
big boys, be they black, white or yellow!  (Mike used to be WA9BWY)

:-)

73,

Jim, K4OJ