[TowerTalk] Re: Radials over salt water

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Radials over salt water
From: calav@flash.net (Ken Hirschberg)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:55:09 -0700
Hi all -
The traditional broadcast radial field has 120 radials because the radials go
out
to 0.4 wavelengths, not 0.25.  BTW, if one would like the radials to behave
like
a solid screen, 0.015 wavelength maximum spacing between wires would be a good
number to use.
Yes ...that's a LOT of wire! (and a lot of performance)

 A somewhat more complex approach that would save some wire, would be to go out
with say, 30 radials until the 0.015 spacing between wires was obtained, connect
a circumferential wire to each radial, then add radial wires between the
original
30 radials, from that ring outward.  When the spacing between wires again gets
0.015, then add another ring, and so on, until the desired radial length is
reached.
73, Ken