[TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Ant's - Misc Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Ant's - Misc Questions
From: kd4rwn@bellsouth.net (kd4rwn@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:29:55 -0500
Hello All,

        My Club staton is planning some upgrades and had some
quick questions about the VHF/UHF side of things...

1). On Top of 1 tower, We are putting up 2 Long Boom Yagi's. 1
For 2M and the Other for 440. The 2M has a Boom length of about
8 Ft. The 440 is slightly shorter. They are going above our tribander
for the start of a X-mas tree - Both mounted Horizontal.

To save on feedlines, Can we feed Both Yagis Together With a T
Junction? Im assuming we'll need equal Coax to each Ant. after the
T. Or will this require a Di-plexer? And along with this, What are
good stacking Distances for these yagi's sitting above the
tribander?

2). 2m and 440 are a start for us. Eventually, We want to add in
220, 900, 1.2  Ghz and maybe some higher bands; But, we are
starting to run out of room for Long Booms on the towers. We
started looking into Logs for VHF/UHF. Two Models we found were
the Tennadyne T31 and the Create CLP 5130-1. Any1 have any 1st
hand experience with 1 of these? How do they preform?

Thanks to all in advance..

73's

Ulysses Rodriguez - KD4RWN
President - University Of Central Florida ARC (K4UCF)
Member: ARRL, FCG, WWYC # 77
kd4rwn@arrl.net