[TowerTalk] set the record straight

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] set the record straight
From: UpTheTower@aol.com (UpTheTower@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:50:21 EST
From: K4XT@aol.com
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:11:39 EST
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] set the record straight
To: k2qbv@cyburban.com, towertalk@contesting.com

Joel

I think you misssed the point.

I ordered a product from First Call not your supplier, you represented
yourself as part of the manufacturer,  you never informed me that your were a
reseller until Nov.

Joel, you "promised" me  8 week delivery max. You publish 4-6 weeks delivery .

You constantly "strung"me along and on many occasions verbally and in writing
that I could cancel at any time.  So on Dec 26 you informed me Paragon had
folded and my tower would be in Tulsa within two weeks and ready to ship to
me. On jan 1, 2001 I asked for a report and you never once provided a report
with the info requested.

I have canceled my order and you have not indicated if you would refund my
monies advanced.

If it is the supplier to First call who is to blame, why did you not inform
me in Nov they were in trouble, you knew that fact then, yet you continued to
string me along.
I ask you to respond on TowerTalk whenwill you return my advance ?

You state you have many satisfied customers, I am sure you may but you also
have many unsatisfied potential customers which you took funds in advance for
work not performed.

If you are a honorable company you will address each of us whom you have
taken an advance from, apologize for the delays you knew were occuring and
advise us when our funds are being returned.

As you can see there are a lot of Hams whom have advanced funds to First call
with NO response from you on when those funds will be returned to the
rightful owner.

Regarding Will-Burt I am sure they are quite innocent and it is unfortunate
you placed their name in your advertisement on TowerTalk last week. They are
taking heat due to the ad you placed and I do not think they should be
brought into the problems we are addressing with First call Communications.

 I would like to request you respond through TowerTalk as I understand
ARRL/QST will not accept any advertisements pending resolutions of complaints
made against First Call Communications.  I will be most pleased to inform
ARRL/QST that my complaint has been resolved.

Bill, K4XT