[TowerTalk] US Tower MARB550 Raising Winch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower MARB550 Raising Winch
From: billwall@bellsouth.net (bill wall)
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:09:36 -0500
Hi Tom and all;
Check your cable. The test: Grab cable and run your hand down it. If it cuts
your hand replace it.
You are right about the cost of winch. A friend of mine came up with a great
idea. Buy a 12VDC HD winch from Northern Tool. Use a Marine deep cycle 12VDC
battery from Wal-Mart. A small Battery charger and up and down the tower
goes for about 1/3 of the tower system. Not only is it rated better and of
higher quality, but it is fun to sit in a lounge chair and watch it go up
and down. The best feature of crank ups is, when the weather becomes bad,
you can retract it for safety.
                         Bill  KC4UZ