[TowerTalk] Re: Dipoles or G5RV

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Dipoles or G5RV
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 04:39:16 -0600
N4KG response below.

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:59:11 -0800 "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
writes:

> [...]
and .2  wavelength--not "as high as possible".

> k7puc

Actually, high angle radiadiation is covered quite well up to
about 3/8 WL above 'ground' and maximum radiation is at 90
degrees until the height exceeds 1/4 WL, which on 40M is 35 ft.
Without self supporting towers well secured to the building
structural steel, "as high as possible" may not be very high
at all.

de  Tom  N4KG
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.