[TowerTalk] Multiband wire antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiband wire antennas
From: dpbcc@mediaone.net (DaveBreski)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:57:15 -0500
I've been using one for the past 3 years it's up about 35 feet in a sort of
inverted V to get around the trees in the back yard.  It seems to work OK on
most bands and the auto tuner in the Icom 746 doesn't have too much trouble
getting it tuned up.  It's a decent compromise and does allow all band use.
I'm happier with it than I was with my old 'All Band Doublet.  I routinely
contact Europe during the day on 17meters with it.   One thing I have
noticed is that you must make sure that the vertical component that is
connected to the two mysterious PVC Baluns? is not in contact with anything.
Right now it's suspended from a large branch well away from the tree and it
works fine.   Once I get the tower up I'll have to use standoffs at the top
and bottom to keep it away from the tower.

Regards
Dave
WA1RC