[TowerTalk] RE: Private email protocol

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Private email protocol
From: k2kv@reallybig.com (Jeff Singer)
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 15:11:26 -0500
When I make a phone call to someone it is just as likely to be monitored as
an email sent to a private address. Not very likely, of course, but
certainly quite possible. This fact does not, by any stretch of the
imagination, turn my private conversation into something the public "can
hear anyway."

When I choose to send a private email to a you or another member of a list,
the tacit inference is that I INTENDED the email to reach YOU, and you
alone. Otherwise, I surely would have cc'd the list.

This content or nature of this private communication, as well as other
private communications, such as snail mail and telephone calls, should never
be repeated to others in an environment of good faith, common sense, and
plain good manners.

If there exist on this reflector a number of folks who simply lack proper
information, basic good manners and/or common sense, and won't listen when
other folks are kind enough to tell them that their actions are contrary to
proper and commonly accepted social grace, let's try not to argue the point.
You might as well have an argument with a crocodile. They possess the same
mindset. So, why waste your generous intentions?

It takes all kinds. Really, it does.

73 de Jeff K2KV