[TowerTalk] TH7 Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7 Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:15:31 EST
In a message dated 2/20/01 7:58:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kbottles@rafn.com writes:

> The elements appear clean and the antenna was working fine before I took it
> down.
>  Is there anything special I should do to check it before putting it back
up
> in the air?

    Nope. Put it back together, fire it up and see what you've got.

    If the elements are intact, nothing there. If they've been disassembled,
shiny up the element joints with ScotchBrite and use an antioxidant on the
joint when you put it back together. Also antioxidant on the feedpoint.

    The only potential problem is bugs in the traps. I'll bet you a nickel
that it works just fine when re-assembled.

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech