[TowerTalk] Recent Cushcraft discussion.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Recent Cushcraft discussion.
From: hankarn@pacbell.net (Dan)
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:54:08 -0800
Well, I have to add my comments. I had a R-7000 that was turning out to
be a great dummy load with a lot of problems. I talked to ED after
several futile attempts to talk and email. Got hold of Ed and the light
switch came on very bright. He sent out a complete upgrade for it I
think overnight no charge. Still had problems with the balun box and
told Ed and he sent me one right out for free. This unit was one of the
prototypes that was a beta test unit in FL. and I bought it and wound up
in CA. So they had no reason to give me anything and I was willing to
pay for what was required to get it going. I do not transmit on it just
for a listening/looksee antenna. Think the 8K might cook it..

Maybe the XYL cut him off or he got up on the wrong side of the bed. I
have always had good results in dealing with CC.

I have found a lot of times you get a whole lot more out of all of these
people if you bite your tongue a little bit.

I had some problems with Mosley on a beam for a friend in the Czech
Republic. They were moving and came up short of material. Took some time
and talked to the top people and got it shipped Free to CR due to the
delay on their part.

Hank KN6DI